Pine nuts are described as seeds of pine trees. They have been enjoyed since ancient time of the Romans. Nutritionally, they contain many of the same nutritional value as other nuts which include antioxidants. It is a well-known fact that pine nuts are not nuts after all.
Pine nuts are found between the scales of pine cones. Only about 20 species of the pine family produces pine that has nuts worth eating. They are commonly eaten raw or roasted. They are generally crunchy, buttery and also serve as a good source of numerous nutrients with lots of health benefits embedded into its nuts. Below are some of the exceptional benefits of the pine nuts.
Benefits of Pine Nuts
- Helps to curb appetite: The pine nuts serve as a very potent appetite suppressor. They are a good source of polyunsaturated fat also known as pinolenic acid. When you eat the pine nuts, a hormone produced by the intestine called CCK is released which send a signal to the brain that you are full. It also slows down the rate at which the stomach empties itself so that you feel satisfaction for a longer period of time.
- It Delays Skin Ageing & Moisturizing Effects: High concentration of lots of minerals and vitamins makes the pine nut very helpful in the care of the skin. It contains Vitamin E and some antioxidants that slow down the ageing process in the body. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is suitable for sensitive skins and prevents the skin from various unfavorable conditions.
- It Boosts the Growth of Hair: The pine nut is a rich source of Vitamin E that helps in the growth of hair in the body. It helps to combat hair loss and also keeps the hair shiny and lustrous. It also helps to prevent the hair from various harsh and terrible conditions.
There are other health benefits attached to pine nuts, as they are surprisingly good for your health.
Pine Nuts Health Benefits
- Boots Energy: Pine nuts contain a lot of nutrients that helps to boost energy in the body. These nutrients include mono-saturated fats, protein, and irons.
- Reduces heart diseases: Pine nuts contain synergistic components that are known to favor heart health.
- Pine nuts are known to contain a nutrient called lutein. This nutrient helps to wade off eyes diseases like age-related macular degeneration.
- It Lowers Blood pressure: Another health benefit of the pine nut is that it helps to lower the blood pressure of the body due to their high concentration of magnesium. High magnesium is associated with low blood pressure levels and risk of strokes. High blood pressure carries alongside it a long list of other health problems which include kidney problems, vision loss, and aneurysm.
Pine Nuts Nutrition
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol: Research has shown that bad cholesterol is reduced when pine nuts have been introduced into the diets. Tree nuts including pine nuts have proven to reduce the cholesterol levels and prevent atherosclerosis which is a syndrome that involves plaque build-up in the arterial blood vessels.
- Helps To Maintain a Healthy Weight: Pine nuts nutrition benefit also include maintaining a healthy weight. Research has concluded that those who consume pine nuts regularly have lower average weight than those who don’t. Since pine nuts are rich in Vitamins like Vitamin E and lots of fibers, it is seen as a healthy diet without the fear of adding a lot of weight.
- Supports Bone Health: Due to its rich nature of Vitamin K, pine nuts are good diets when it comes to maintaining a healthy bone. It has been noted that Vitamin K builds stronger bones than the conventional calcium, which is a nutrient that is possessed in abundance in the pine nuts.
Pine nuts nutrition is no joke. These nuts are stocked up with a lot of vitamins and minerals that are essential to the health, body of humans. They also help your belle get filled up without the fear of getting obsessed.